A simple and useful method is the use of dawn dish soap for flea’s control.
The pet animals like cat and dogs should be cleaned periodically with the dawn dish soap. This will help you to eradicate the fleas from your home.
Dawn dish soap
The dawn dish soap acts as a surfactant. It helps in reducing the surface tension of water. If the surface tension of water is decreased, the small insects tend to get submerged in the water.
Forced Sinking of fleas
When few drops of dawn are added in the water, it will minimize the surface tension of water. This will make the fleas sink in the water. Careful handling is required as the onset of sinking, fleas try to get away.Never forget that the fleas can survive up to seven days in water and about 24 hours when submerged.
Preventing the entry of water into the respiratory system
They don’t drown easily because their respiratory systems are resistant to oxygen deprivation. Hence, the wax is used. When the wax is added to water, the insect gets covered with a layer of wax and this wax layer helps to prevent the water entering into the respiratory system.
Bathing pets with dawn
The dawn is used as an alternative to both shampoos and soaps. You can use the dawn soap to clean the flea in both dogs and cat. The prominent steps used to control the flea in dogs and cat with the dawn are listed below
The dog serves as an intermediate between fleas and humans.The following steps should be followed while eradicating the fleas from the dogs.
- For dogs, the dawn dish detergent is the safest method to remove the fleas without harming it.
- After selecting the detergent, prepare the bath. The water used for bath should be warm. Pour enough water and put the dog in the tub.
- Now soak your pet in water, but be cautious that the pet’s eyes do not get irritated.
- Now, Lather the pet with dawn detergent.Spend several minutes in scrubbing.Pet brushes can be used while scrubbing your pet that is deep in hair.
- Now rinse your pet, by doing this you could see the fleas floating in the water, leave the dead ones and act upon the live ones.
- Continue rinsing until you see no dead fleas floating in the water.
- Now the fleas in the pet will run to the places where there is no detergent. This flea could be easily removed with hand. Don’t use soap in such areas.
Cats cannot be made to bath, so it should be treated in another way. You may need a flea comb to eradicate the fleas from cats. The steps are,
- Pour 2 teaspoons of dawn liquid and fill the remaining with water.
- Now brush your pet thoroughly, you could see fleas on the comb.
- Dip the fleas in the bowl; repeat this step until there are no fleas.
Flea control is an important strategy; you could control the fleas very easily with the help of the dawn dish soap.